Saturday, September 11, 2010

Camp and Cinnamon Rolls

Okidokie. Well, I've been meaning to start this blog or something like for the last few weeks. Several people have asked for me to have some form of updates, including stories, pictures, and random things and quirks of northern life. So here we go!

I've been here at Timber-lee about a month now...and I'm sad. Because that means I'll have to leave in 8 months. I love it here. So much. The camp is beautiful. I have corn fields in my front yard (complete with a corn maze). I'm outside all the time. I love the other interns, the leadership, and the kids. Basically, I'm so so thankful.

The first couple weeks I had so many moments where I would get so overwhelmed to tears at how good God has been to bring me here...like when I was driving at sunset looking at the sunlight over the fields or other random moments. The past couple of years have been blessed in so many ways...in the time I've gotten with family, all of the things I learned at seminary, and the growth that comes from facing difficult circumstances. I'm thankful for that time and wouldn't trade it at all. But as I was walking through it, I would remember a verse in Matthew that talks about how God is a good father...when we ask Him for bread, He won't give us a stone. Meaning, when we ask Him for things in prayer, whether they be for refreshment or some other provision, He won't treat us maliciously or withhold good things we need. The first week here I was reminded about my prayers for bread, for God's provision. I came to the conclusion that the Lord had not only given me bread but a glorious, fresh, ooey, gooey cinnamon roll straight out of the oven. It is so much better, so much more than I could have imagined asking for.

He's given me my dream job. The dream job I never dreamt up! I get to play with kids. I get to live with lots of other girls that I already love. I get to talk about how wonderful God's creation is. That's my favorite way to talk about God I realized. It's the way I most see Him and rejoice in Him.

Don't get me wrong. I realize that not everything here will be perfect or easy. But I know God has me here for great purpose. And that makes me excited. So there you go. First update at Timber-lee. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment